Guidelines on duties and taxes for EU Buyers
If you purchase goods from non EU countries, Customs Duty and/or Import VAT may be due.
- It is the responsibility of the sender, in Boticca's case the designer, to provide details of the goods that are being shipped for the calculation of duty and VAT.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to pay for any additional Duty or VAT due.
Buying from a non EU countries:
- Goods of £15 ($20 or equivalent in local currency) or less are free from customs duty and import VAT.
- Items specified as gifts with a value of £40 or less will be free from customs duty and import VAT.
- Customs duty becomes payable if the value of the goods is over £135 ($150, or equivalent in local currency) but duty is waived if the amount of duty calculated is less than £9 ($10, or equivalent in local currency).
- You can also estimate your Duty and VAT payment using the following calculator: http://dutycalculator.com