The Round-Up is Boticca’s weekly summary of new designers, new pieces we love as well as happenings on our website and around our community.
Naomi Mcintosh (London, UK): Naomi is an architect by background and training who has ventured into jewelry design. This background has helped her developer her distinctive and original way of working with walnut wood and acrylic using the body as her landscape.
Le Col Cashmere (Paris, France): Le Col Cashmere is the brainchild of co-founders and designers Ruben Auszenkier and Carl Creange who created a line of tube scarves that quickly became their signature products. The perfect accessory for the winter!
Laura Michaels (New York, USA): By day, Laura Michaels is the CEO of a successful interactive agency. By night, she’s a rock star jewelry designer. It should be no surprise that her pieces have been worn by celebs such as Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Mickey Rourke and Uma Thurman.
Steven Harkin (London, UK): Australian-born designer and former lecturer at London College of Fashion, Steven Harkin, makes a range of luxury leather handbags with a truly distinctive design signature and contemporary shapes.
Astis (San Francisco, USA): After Brad received original Indian Cree mittens from one of his friends, he teamed up with Charlie to create a line of warm, durable and funky mittens inspired by the Cree. The perfect stylish (and unique) accessories for the upcoming skiing season.
Swathimaa from Shivaloka Soul Jewelry (Bali, Indonesia): Swathimaa is the designer and founder of Shivaloka Soul Jewelry as well as a spiritual healer/teacher. She likes to create objects inspired by India’s ancient spiritual tradition and the sacred bead of Rudraksha.
Sticks & Stones (Portland, USA): Sticks & Stones is a small collective of designers in Portland, Oregon who make limited-run handcrafted accessories primarily out of reclaimed wood. Clean lines, splashes of color and timeless shapes.
5 New Pieces We Love
1. Woven Apart Clutch by Poupee Couture. Why we love it: Poupee Couture’s new collection is as funky as ever.
2. Aolani Black & Blue Chain earrings by Eastern Mystic Jewellery. Why we love them: The charming long, long, layers of delicate chain!
3. Snakewood ring by Sticks & Stones. Why we love it: We love when nature helps our designers in making their art. This South American wood resembles the skin of a snake – hence the name.
4. Kylie Clutch bag by Steven Harkin. Why we love it: Inspired by Kylie Minogue’s make-up in one of her shows.
5. Core Complete 1 necklace by Naomi Mcintosh. Why we love it: We love when design loves the body. This unique necklace follows the contours of the human form. Just be careful: it’s so versatile that your boyfriend just might steal it!
WOW! Piece of the Week
Sacagawea Leather mittens by Astis. Why: Wonderful, luxurious cold weather pair of mittens for real adventure lovers or just daydreaming fashionistas!
Gift of the Week
Vintage Jewel Box Key 7 pendant by Laura Michaels. Why: This jewel box vintage key comes with its own gem surprise.
Weekly Theme: Gifts with a Story
Special Occasions: December Gifts Ideas
Designer Close-up: Interview with Arosha Luigi Taglia
Pieces We Love: Video product review of Little Glass Clementine necklaces
We’ll be back next week with more designers, gift ideas and style inspirations. As always, feel free to share your thoughts or make suggestions and recommendations in the comments.
Stay warm and beautiful!