This collection recreates the romanticism and sentiment carried by Victorian Era hair jewellery.
The Victorians lived through a time of great disorder - the Civil War, the Industrial Revolution, extreme poverty, fast-changing economics. Death subsequently grew to be a theme of great importance in their culture.While some hair jewellery was created as mourning pieces or “memento mori” (a Latin phrase translated as “remember your mortality”), it was also given as a token of love and friendship from lovers, family members and friends.
• Please choose two from:
- Golden Blond
• Hand-made in London
• All items from the Magnitude Plait collection are cast in solid metal, decorated with a fine plaited hair effect texture to recreate the Victorian Hair jewellery pieces.
• This item is made to order at the moment - please allow maximum of 5 working days
• Width: about 5mm
• This ring is made to size - please specify at the time of order
- Silver (Sterling silver)
- Black (Black rhodium plated silver)
- Auburn (Fine rose gold plated silver)
- Golden Blond (Fine yellow gold plated silver)
• This ring is solid metal with a fine plaited hair effect texture